Victoria Justice walked the MTV VMAs 2011 carpet in a modern, natural take on the classic 50's pinup makeup, but paired it with a metallic mini dress. She had a natural eye with slightly winged out liner, natural looking fake lashes and a toned down version of the classic red lip. Her hair was pin-straight with side-swept bangs, very shiny and sleek. She wore a shimmery, silver and gold mini dress with matching hoop earrings and bracelets, and finished the outfit with a very cute, matching clutch.
I love her hair and makeup, but I don't think the dress matches the look, but it is a cute dress nonetheless. What do you think of Victoria Justice's MTV VMAs hair, makeup and dress? Below is a mini tutorial and list of product suggestions to duplicate Victoria's look.
List Of Product Suggestions for Victoria's 2011 VMA Makeup - Inexpensive Alternatives!
- Victoria appears to be wearing a shimmery beige shade all over her lids, so use NYX Single Shadow in Champagne ($4) on your lid.
- Next, darken up your outer corner just a bit with a light, taupey shade such as Wet N Wild Single Shadow in Nutty ($2)
- Victoria has black winged liner, to get an effortlessly perfect, dark line, use an eyeliner pen such as the Jordana Fabuliner ($2). Take the pen and start just a tad away from the inner corner of the top lid. Make sure to start out making the line extremely thin and start to get a bit thicker once you reach the middle of the lid and thickest at the edge, then wing it out past your eye in triangle-like shape.
- For the bottom lash line, use a dark brown pencil liner or brown eyeshadow from the middle to the outer corner. You could use the Wet N Wild Nutty shade for this if you wish to have smudge a lighter liner while also matching it to your outer corner shade, or check out Maybelline Master Drama Cream Pencil in Bold Brown ($6-$8) for a bolder line effect.
- Victoria is wearing a pretty berry red on her lips. For a similar shade, try ELF Mineral Lipstick in Beautiful Berry ($5).
- There appears to be a bit of bronzer on Victoria's temples to help add a suntanned glow. I always recommend NYC Sunny Bronzer ($2.50) to everyone. It's a great natural, matte bronzer at a bargain price. Take the bronzer on a fluffy brush and draw a C shape from your temples up to your forehead and go to about the middle of the eyebrow. Go heaviest at the middle of the temple and lighter as you go up. Be sure to blend the bronzer so it looks natural.
- Victoria has a nice pink glow on her cheeks, try dabbing on Revlon Cream Blush In Rosey Glow($8-$11) to the apples of the cheeks (be sure to set it with a powder or with a powdered blush in a similar shade to make it last all day long) and then add a bit of highlight to the top of the cheek bones, like Hard Candy Baked Blush/Highlighter in Honeymoon ($6).
Finish off the look by adding a pair of natural-looking fake lashes. I recommend the Model21 Eyelashes because they are amazing quality and you can get 10 pairs in a package for around $7, rather than going to drugstores and buying one pair for $4 (which tend to not be very great quality anyway).
So there you have a list and mini explanation on Victoria Justice's 2011 MTV VMA's makeup. If you'd like a more in depth tutorial or have any questions about this makeup look or any other makeup look from the 2011 MTV VMA's, please feel free to comment below.
Thanks for reading! Be sure to subscribe by email in the box in the top left corner so you don't miss any beauty posts updates or tutorials or you can follow me on facebook and twitter for updates as well!
* XO - Glamatronic *
tags: victoria justice mtv vmas makeup 2011, victoria justice makeup tutorial 2011, mtv vmas 2011 makeup tutorials victoria justice, victoria justice pinup makeup tutorial, victoria justice mtv vma 2011 dress, victoria justice mtv vmas 2011 hair tutorial, inexpensive celebrity makeup alternatives, makeup for less, how to get celebrity makeup for less, inexpensive celebrity makeup tutorials, how to duplicate mtv vmas makeup victoria justice, nyx champagne eyeshadow swatch, wet n wild nutty eyeshadow swatch, hard candy honeymoon baked blush swatch, elf mineral lipstick beautiful berry swatch, revlon cream blush rosey glow swatch, jordana fabuliner swatch, nyc sunny bronzer swatch, model21eyelahses, inexpensive eyelashes, how to wing out liner, how to winged liner, winged eyeliner, modern take on pinup makeup, how to apply bronzer, natural pinup girl makeup tutorial, victoria justice nickelodeon makeup tutorial, makeup for preteens, teenage celebrity makeup, mtv video music awards makeup victoria justice