Hi everyone! I've been in the mood to create a bright, summery neon kind of look for awhile now. I took inspiration from rainbows, sunshine and sunsets for this look : )
Here are my step-by-step instructions for the neon summer rainbow eyeshadow tutorial. Hope you enjoy it!
1. Apply an eye primer to keep your shadows from creasing. You don't want to do all this hard work and have creases an hour later, right? Of course not.
- I used Covergirl Intense Liquid Shadow Blast Primer in Beige Bling
- I first dabbed the color all over the lid, then simply blended the color out all over with my ring finger.
- I used NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencils in Milk (white) and Hot Pink.
- I dabbed Milk from the inner corner of my eye to the middle of the lid and then blended it out with my ring finger. I then dabbed hot pink from the middle of the lid to the outer corner and blended. You'll want the pink where you will placing the pink shadows and the white where you'll place the yellow.
- I used NYX Yellow Funk single eyeshadow. I dabbed my brush into the shadow and gently patted the color on-top of the white eyeshadow base.
- I used two oranges from the 88 Matte Palette (which can be found from Coastal Scents, BH Cosmetics, Ebay). Starting with the lighter orange, I slightly overlapped the yellow shade, which will create a gradient from the yellow to the orange. Next, take the darker orange and slightly overlap the light orange giving the same gradient effect. When the colors seem to blend in together and there aren't any obvious lines between the shades, it's time for the next color.
- I used the hot pink in the 88 Matte Palette. Start by overlapping the orange a bit and blending the line. Cover the rest of the lid and outer corner.
- I used the magenta shade in the 88 Matte Palette. Use a fluffy blending brush to apply this shade to the crease. This shade will act as your blender, which will buff away all the harsh lines at the top of the other shades. Bring it into your outer corner as well to darken it up a bit.
6. Take your NYX pencil in Milk again, and apply it as a highlight to the upper brow bone and inner corner.
- Dab the NYX Milk to the upper brown bone, which will give your eye some lift. Also apply it to your inner corner and near your nose, which will make your eyes appear more awake and open.
- I used the matte white in the 88 Matte Palette. Placing this over the NYX Milk will help to set it in place. Having the NYX pencil underneath the white helps intensify the shade as well as makes it last longer.
- I used Urban Decay Liquid Liner in Acid Rain. Apply the liner from the inside corner and out past your lash liner, slightly winging it out and up.
- I used Physicians Formula gel liner. Spread the liner onto the waterline and smudge it out into the bottom lashes, creating a smokey effect. Then, take the liner up to the winged out portion of the neon green liner. Don't overlap the liners, place the black underneath the green.
- I used the ELF Studio liner in Teal Tease. Apply a small amount underneath the black on the lower lash line and smudge it out a bit as well. You can then set the liners with similar colored eyeshadows, so they will last longer.
- I used Maybelline The Falsies Flared.
- I used Avon Premium Eyebrow Pencil in Blonde (of course, use whichever color or product you find matches your brows the best) It's very important to groom and fill-in your brows, especially if they are light like mine, because the brows frame your eyes and pull the entire look together.
So there is my tutorial on how to duplicate my neon summer rainbow look. You can of course substitute other brands and other colors to make it your own, or duplicate it exactly if you wish. I hope everyone enjoyed the look!
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to subscribe/follow and check back for future tutorials.XO - Glamatronic