I know this is a bit late and I almost labeled it May favorites instead of April, but I'm really going to try to get a May favorites up by the end of the month. So, here are the current products I'm loving, my go-to products, things I've just overall enjoyed.
1. Elf Powder Brush - I've always loved this brush, but this month, I realized just how much. I have three of these brushes and have found it is good for applying so many different products. I use this brush to apply my liquid foundation and to buff in mineral foundation. I also use it to apply my finishing powder now since it's getting rather warm in my area, my skin has become really oily, so this brush allows me to buff the powder in well. As strange as this sounds, I've also been using this to apply blush. I know the shape doesn't seem as if it would work, but it's been working well for me.
2. Physicians Formula Gel Eye Liner - This is my favorite Gel liner because it's one of the only ones I have found that doesn't melt off of my eyes. It comes in several colors, goes on really smooth, and doesn't make my eyes water like several other brands do. These come in packs of three, sorted by shades to compliment your certain eye color. I didn't really pay attention to which eye color the shades were for, I just bought the shades I liked the most. I think I have the set for green eyes and hazel eyes, my eyes more of a blue/aqua/green depending on what I wear. Each of these sets have a black shade, one is black with green shimmer and the other with purple/magenta shimmer. These are my go-to liners if I know I will my makeup will be on for hours because they last longer than any other.
3. Netrogena Makeup Removing Wipes Night Calming - I really like these wipes because one single wipe can take off all my makeup, even the eye makeup. If I have a really bold smokey eye, I can usually still get by with one wipe, rarely do I have to use two. They also make your skin feel really soft, but not oily at all. I have oily skin, so usually most products that claim to soften skin will make it more oily, but these don't. I do recommend having some sort of container to put these in because after you use about half of them, the sticker loses its sticking ability and may cause them to dry out more easily than before. I like these better than the Garnier Wipes I mentioned last month because they are bigger, take off more makeup, and my face feels less oily.
4. Victoria's Secret Brilliant Shimmer Shadows - These are high pigment loose shimmer shadows, similar to a mineral eyeshadow. The shade I have is a bronzey shade with gold shimmer. It doesn't have the name on it, but it looks similar to a shade called stardust that VS has now. I switch from this to the elf mineral shadows a lot during the summer. It gives your eyes a light, sparkly, summer look. I really like these types of shadows. They stay on for a long time, they are really easy to use, you can use them wet for a more foiled, dramatic look, or pat them on dry for a soft glowy look.
5. NYC Sunny Bronzer - I really love this bronzer. It's both matte and natural looking on my fair skin. Most bronzers are way too shimmery or have an orange or dirty tone to them that look weird on my light skin. This one looks natural and pretty and gives skin a summer, tan glow that looks subtle or can be built up to look like a more dark tan. I sometimes use this contour, but usually I will use this in place of a blush during the summer and then lightly brush some down my nose and across my forehead as well.
So there you have it. The products I have been loving recently. I hope you enjoyed this post and be sure to let us know if you have tried any of these products and what you think of them.
What are you favorite products that you've been loving lately? Let us know in the comments below!
thanks to source for the nyc sunny bronzer picture.