1.When you were a child, did you use your mother's lipsticks?
- No, my mom didn't wear makeup.
2. How old were you when you bought your first lipstick?
- I'm not completely sure, but I think I bought a sheer, shimmery pink lipstick from the dollars store when I was around 11. I was really more into lipgloss and chaptsicks. As a teenager I used lipgloss or liquid lipsticks and I honestly didn't start buying tons of actual lipstick until around the age of 20.
3. Pink or red lipstick?
- Probably pinks because I don't use red as often, but I do really like reds. Red is more of my special occasion or late night out kind of shade. Pinks are much more suitable for daytime and for dramatic eyes. And I love doing dramatic eyes, so pink it is.
4. The most expensive lipstick you have ever bought?
- Mac lipsticks are the most expensive I've bought I think, which cost around $15.50 at my counter with tax. I've had samples of more expensive lipsticks and tried them on at Sephora, but I really completely love the formula of Mac lipsticks, so why pay more than that?
- I have bought higher end lipsticks off allcosmeticswholesale.com, which if you haven't been, check it out now, because you get namebrand lipsticks anywhere from $5-$12 usually. And they are legit and what they say they are. I know there are some websites that sell fakes, but you can go research them. They basically get overstocked makeup or find random extras somewhere for cheap, then they sell for usually half the price. Oh, and they get limited edition items that you can't buy anymore as well. haha sorry, didn't mean to turn this answer into a novel.
5. And the cheapest?
- Does free count haha? If not, hm... I've gotten elf lipsticks on sale for as low as ten cents, that's pretty much free as well.
6. What's the most bizarre thing you have ever done with a lipstick?
- Hm, I've used them to color something before if I didn't like the shade, but I'm sure most people have done that.
7. If you had to recommend a lipstick, which brand would you recommend and why?
- My favorite is MAC Amplified Cremes, they stay on my lips for about four hours even after drinking things, they smell amazing, they are so creamy and smooth, they have tons of color selections not available in drugstores and they are really opaque. As for cheaper ones, NYX Round Lipsticks because they are extremely pigmented, have a good selection, and are moisturizing.
My reader, vintage makeup, tagged me to do this post, and seeing how she reads and comments on like almost everything I write, here's a shout out to her and a link to her blog for everyone to checkout. Vintage Makeup's Blog
Also, I tag all the readers of my blog and anyone else who is reading this and would like to do the post. Comment below and let me know if you do the tag and post a link to your blog for me to check it out.