This is a list of makeup and beauty products that I found myself using the most during the month of March 2011. Some are my probably my favorites, others may have been new products that I was testing out and others may just be random items I gravitated toward last month. Either way, here's a list of what I used the most.
Foundation - Revlon Colorstay Foundation Combo/Oily Skin in 150 Buff, Maybelline Fit Me 110
- This is my favorite foundation because it's the only one that stays on my skin all day. The color is a bit dark as pretty much all foundations are. I'm aware there is a lighter shade, but it is super pink in tone and makes my face look red. Either way, the ivory shade was too dark as well.
- Okay, the Maybelline Fit Me 110 I really liked the first couple days. It did make me oily, but I just used a matte powder ontop. It didn't stay as long as Revlon Colorstay, but I loved that it was actually light enough for my skintone and felt really lightweight. However, by day three I started getting some blemishes. I let it go and used it for about another week. I never should have done that... my face was covered with tiny blemishes.
Nail Polish - China Glaze Crackle Glaze in Black Mesh
- Yes, I was bitten by the crackle nail polish bug. I absolutely loved the black shatter over anything, especially over silver holographic type polishes (like Color Club Worth the Risque). I think I wore this the entire month, with the exception of using a few other of the crackle glaze shades. Also, I just recently started wearing some pastel again for spring
Makeup Remover/Face Wipes - Garnier Nutri Pure Detoxofying wet cleansing towelettes.
- I started using these in mid march, after the dreaded maybelline fit me breakout occurred. I figured I needed something oilfree and with acne fighting green tea because of my situation. These work really well at removing makeup. I can get all of my foundation off and almost all of my eye makeup off with one little towelette. The good news is, they don't cause me to breakout like almost everything else does.
Mascara - Maybelline One by One
- Usually, this mascara wouldn't give me enough volume to even bother with it, but last month I was a more natural looking makeup kick. I put very little eyeliner on, did a matte neutral eye and didn't even put liner on my top lid. I then used this mascara which has a nice effect as far as separation and a decent amount of lengthening properties. I prefer the falsies for it's crazy lengthening abilities as well as giving me a bit of volume, but One by One does separate better.
Dry Shampoo - Got2B Rockin' It Dry Shampoo
- I really love this stuff. I have naturally curly, dry, coarse hair, so the less I can go without washing it and having to put it through heat styling, the better. However, I like to have something to restore volume, soak up any oil that may be around the roots and something to just refresh my hair and make it smell good. I like to keep a lot of volume at the crown of my head, and this seems to restore it for me.
Shampoo - Matrix Sleek N Smooth
I used this all the time at the end of high school, but stopped using during college because it's expensive. I recently picked it up again and forgot how much it improves the condition of my hair. If you have really dry, curly hair that you like to keep straight and smooth, you should give this a try. It makes my hair much less dry and way smoother after straightening. If you have normal hair it may be too moisturizing for you and this will not work for oily hair more than likely.
Lipsticks - Mac Viva Glam Gaga ii & Blooming Lovely
Throughout March, I used these two lipsticks quite a bit. Blooming Lovely is one of my all time favorite shades. It was a limited edition shade released with the Liberty of London Collection last year. It's a nice mauvey purple shade. Viva Glam Gaga ii is a nice nude lipsticks with a super creamy finish. It's great paired with dramatic eyes.
Lipgloss - Loreal Hip Shinestruck liquid lip color in Tainted, Revlon Lipgloss in Life's A Peach
I found the loreal hip lipgloss on clearance at Target for $3 and I'm so glad I picked it up. It is so pigmented that it looks more like a lipstick than a gloss, but with the lightweight shiny feeling of a gloss. It's so amazing. The Revlon Gloss I found at Big Lots for a couple bucks and it's super pretty both alone and over other products. It has a peachy tone to it with a sort of duchrome looking finish of a more orange color and it has gold, pink and orange shimmers.
So there you have it, the beauty products I used the most throughout the month of March. Which products did you use the most during March? What are your current favorites? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to subscribe/follow for future updates, posts and favorites. : )
March Favorites, Favorite Makeup and Beauty Products March 2011