Anne Hathaway 2011 Oscars Makeup & Gown
Anne Hathaway graced the carpet at the 2011 Oscars in a satin orange-toned red gown. The gown had a trumpet fit with bows on the side and a lot of rousing at the bottom, while the layers beneath the gown had a floral pattern.
She paired the gown with dark red nails, red lips, falsies and well defined brows. Anne wore an elegant diamond necklace around her neck paired with diamond earrings.
Want to know how to duplicate Anne's Oscar makeup for under $20? Here's how...
- Shadow - Anne is wearing neutral shadow with black liner and false lashes. You can adjust the shadow color depending on your skin tone for a 'barely there' shadow like Anne's or if you want a similar shade like Miss Hathaway, try using Wet N Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Single In Brulee $2. This shadow is super pigmented, soft and creamy.
- Liner - Next, take a liquid black liner and make a medium line across the upper lash-line, and make it thicker as you get closer to the outer edge. My favorite drugstore liquid liner is NYC Jet Black Liner $3
- Lashes - Now it's time for the falsies. Try the Forever21 fashion lashes in Natural Beautiful $2.80
- Lipstick - For bright yet deepish red lips like Anne's, try using Revlon Matte Lipstick in Really Red $6
- Brow Filler - Miss Hathaway has a very defined brows here. Try using Elf Studio Brow Kit $3 to fill in your eyebrows. This kit comes with a gel to fill the lashes and then a powder to set the gel color and make it last all night long.
How To Get Anne's Oscar Hair
- Begin by parting the hair down the center and apply a volume enhancing styling Mousse or Gel to the hair from roots ends. Blow-dry the hair using a round brush.
- Next, pull hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck, making sure to cover the ears. Then twist the ponytail into a loose knot. The key is keeping it loose for a touch of bohemian flair. It’s almost like a draping around the face with wispy pieces of hair coming out softly.
- Finish the look by spraying holding Hairspray.
What do you think of Anne's makeup and gown? Who's gown or makeup did you like the best at this years Oscars? Leave a comment below and let us know.
Thanks for reading! Don't forget to subscribe/follow this blog for all future posts!
xo - Glamatronic